Purchasing and Accounts Payable
eVA regulations stipulate that vendors agree to pay “a 1% eVA transaction fee”.
All requisitions must have the vendor’s eVA status clearly noted.
DMBE regulations stipulate that all departmental purchases of less than $5,000 [Limited Purchase Order (LPO) or the University Purchasing Card (UPC)] must be accompanied by at least one price quotation from a woman- or minority-owned firm.
One of the following must be written on all requisitions:
“Contract Vendor Used” [if the vendor used for the LPO is a contract vendor.]
“DMBE Minority or Woman Vendor Used” [if the vendor used was a DMBE-Certified Minority or Woman (M/W) vendor.]
“No DMBE Minority or Woman Vendor is available” [if the vendor used was not a DMBE-Certified M/W vendor, AND you have ascertained that no such vendor was available for the commodity required.]
“DMBE Minority or Woman Quote is on file” [if the vendor used was not a DMBE-Certified M/W vendor, AND you have documented the quote for this purchase.] If you choose this option, you must also either submit a printed quote or write the following on the requisition form:
- vendor name and address
- name of person giving quote
- name of person receiving quote
- date information was obtained
- “Contract Vendor Used” [if the vendor used for the LPO is a contract vendor.]
The following links may help:
- Search for DMBE Certified Vendors, Contract Vendors and for eVA Status
- A PDF version of UVa Physics Department’s Purchase Requisition Form (modified to incorporate these new rules)
Other Purchasing Related Sites
UVa’s Purchasing Department
UVa’s Travel Web Site
Physics Specific Travel Information
For information, please contact the Physics Department’s Procurement Manager, Faye Safley.